May 01, 2007

Confession

Last night Leslie called me. I looked at my cellphone and didn't recognize the number so I didn't pick it up because I didn't want to take another student to Taco Bell. So as I listened to the voice message, I panicked because it was Leslie calling me. And I accidentally pushed delete in my rush to try to call her back. But my phone hadn't saved her number because I opened the phone to look at the number then closed the phone without answering the call. And when I do that my phone doesn't save the number. I was stupefied (or just stupid). I screamed "NO!" all Monica-esque when she accidentally recorded her message as the outgoing message on Richard's answering machine. (You know what I'm talking about?) Then I wept silently because I missed the call because of my own retardedness. And because I miss Leslie. So I hope Leslie reads this and gets a laugh and someday tries to call me again.

4 comments:

Ben said...

Yeah.... I've done that too. Three times. To Leslie. I'm horrible.

The only consolation for me is that right before she tried to call you last night, she tried to call me, twice, but the reason I didn't answer wasn't because I was screening my calls but because I was in Eric Robison's Honors presentation and my phone was on silent, so I didn't even know Leslie was trying to call me.

I'm sorry that neither of us got to talk to her, though. Both for our sake, and for hers. We miss you and love you Leslie.

Scattering said...

I feel a lot better about it now. Thanks for making mistakes too.

Leslie said...

WHATEVER!!!!! Let there me no feeling better! I don´t care what excuses you people have...what a friend is calling from a foreign country I can sense it in my being...even when my phone is off! and you know what I do????? I answer the friggin phone!

I hope this was funny to you guys because it was to me...but i haven´t been around people in a while so my judgements a little off.

Scattering said...

If you had students calling you every hour of the day to ask you to take you off campus, you would stop answering calls from numbers you don't know too.

But I really did freak out.

And mostly, I just felt worse about myself after your tirade. Then I was glad that you were joking.